The club was founded in 1981 when Southwark Sports FC then playing in the Spartan League, under the direction of Kevin Sugrue, asked Bernard Shannon & Michael Linington if they would be interested in running a junior 11-a-side club. The idea was for the junior club to act as a feeder for the senior club although it was accepted that it would be a few years before any players would actually be ready for the seniors. Thus was born Southwark Sports Junior Football Club. That first year we fielded two sides and although they were both at the same age group, under 13, it was a start. The team managed by Bernard Shannon played in the Shirley & District Junior League and the team managed by Michael Linington played in the Mecury League.
In 1988 we were approached to move to Dulwich Hamlet as their junior section and as Southwark Sports was in closing down we felt it would be a good move for everyone and so we became Dulwich Hamlet Junior FC.
Since then the club has gone from strength to strength, running sides at every age group and winning numerous leagues and cups. A full list of honours will be posted in due course.
Junior Football Leagues that the club plays in or has played in:
- Bexley & District Junior Football League
- South East London & Kent Junior Football League
- Shirley & District Junior Football League*
- Mecury & District Junior Football League*
- Southwark & District Junior Football League*
- Norwood & District Junior Football League*
- Mitcham & District Junior Football League*
- Balham Apollo Junior Football League
(*Playing as Southwark Sports JFC)